Charitable Gift Annuity Qualification
The fixed-rate, guaranteed payment offered by charitable gift annuities meets the financial needs of donors, while also allowing most of them to make a larger gift to their favorite charity.
There are two kinds of donor populations that our programs are designed to reach and/or re-engage:
- Those who are likely prospects based on giving history and age overlay information that confirms these individuals are in the appropriate life-stage segment.
- Individuals who previously requested information, either on annuities or on life income gifts in general, but who failed to respond to the charity’s proposals, indicated it wasn’t the right time, or had other reasons to procrastinate.
Covenant Calls can help you engage with those individuals, describe current benefits, and frame the call as an example of how gift annuities can be a win-win for both donors and charities. This frees your gift planning staff to focus only on the most promising prospects while allowing you to achieve closure on lists that, for most charities, lie in limbo for months and years.
How the Program Works
- All prospects receive an opt-out letter. This gives the donor the opportunity to decline receiving the call.
- Our Donor Relationship Managers contact each individual to determine whether the person would welcome an illustration of the benefits of a charitable gift annuity, based on his/her personal circumstances.
- Donor Relationship Managers produce comprehensive and actionable reports detailing each call, including information about donors’ interest in charitable gift annuities.
- Call reports are sent at the beginning of each week, with details about the previous week’s calling.
- If a Donor Relationship Manager learns specific information that requires immediate action (i.e. donor has appointment with attorney, is in midst of planning, wants to speak with someone from the charitable organization, etc.) this information is sent to the organization in a priority overnight communication.