Tested and True: Calling Programs Boost Donor Response
In a recent test Covenant Calls conducted for an international relief organization, a group of approximately 4,000 donors was divided into two groups: both groups received the same mail stream, but the test group also received a cultivation phone call. The donors who had a conversation with a Covenant Calls Donor Relationship Manager demonstrated:
- 47% higher pledge rate
- 21% higher average gift
- 77% higher gross revenue
In addition to the clear quantitative success of the cultivation call group, valuable information also was captured that will be of great use to the organization. Some 38% of the donors contacted warranted immediate follow-up by the organization. For example:
- Donors revealed they own businesses and thus have many ways to fulfill their charitable commitments beyond gifts of cash.
- Donors shared information that suggests they are philanthropists; they have significant resources and time to make charitable gift commitments.
- Donors indicated they are high-income earners with sufficient cash flow for a major gift.
- Donors indicated that they are retired, suggesting receptivity to the gift planning message.
Covenant Calls’ comprehensive, high-touch program are customized to meet each non-profit or charitable organization’s staff and consulting resources. Services include:
- Program design and content development with special attention to integrating messaging and images with the brand marketing efforts of the organization.
- Meaningful, in-depth conversations conducted by highly skilled Donor Relationship Managers who take the time to connect with donors and cultivate relationships.
- Development of a list of qualified prospects with detailed call reports of every donor conversation.